Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Saint Andrews

The Hive

So after the Céilidh Sara and her friend Jordan invited me to go visit Saint Andrews (a nearby coastal town north of Edinburgh). In my yes-man mentality I agreed, even though I'd have to be awake by 7:00 am. Ugh. Then the next day Sara invited me to go to my first club, called The Hive. I dumbly agree again, and we danced until 3:30 am Saturday.

Above: Emptied Hive Room

 Imagine this room but completely packed with sweaty Edinburgh kids and flashing multi-colored strobe lights.  That's where I was for three hours.

Visiting Saint Andrews

After a satisfying three hours of sleep, I get ready to see Saint Andrews.

Part 1: The trip

We're going to have to take a bus, to a train, to a bus to get to Saint Andrews. Fortunately we had cards, and people.

Above: A Dumb Tourist

The train was fun. Somehow, we don''t sleep on the ride there, although we were knocked out for the ride back.

Above: Top: Some Guy, Left: Sarah, Right: Jordan

Part 2: The City

So Saint Andrews was nice. It's apparently the golf capital of the world, where golf was invented. We visited a Cathedral, a destroyed Castle, and an Ice Cream Shoppe.

Above: A "Cathedral", even though it is really a Cemetary

Above: View of the Coast


 
Above: Drawbridge to a Castle (this was the best part of the castle)

Above: Mediocre Beach

 Above: UT meets Scotland (found this in a gift shop).

 
Above: NO ______ at any time.

These signs were everywhere. I still have no idea what they mean. No Parking? But there were cars in front of them!

Above: Awesome Guard-rail-less pier.

 
Above: Another Picture of Sara and Jordan.

I get to drop a class!


I was given the opportunity to drop my economics class, and I did. It was too dependent on the previous semester (when I wasn't here) anyways. But the real good news is that...

I'll be seeing Caiqian this weekend
I have tickets to see Caiqian this weekend, after a month of not seeing each other. This means I'll be going to my fourth country ever, France.

List of countries Bryan has been to excluding airports:

1.USA
2.Canada
3.Scotland
4.France starting this weekend!

It's going to be a wonderful time seeing Caiqian after all this time, especially in Paris, the city of love. I'll try and take pictures.

Afterthought: A Word on Haggis

Haggis just tastes like soft hamburger. Somewhat like a mix between cooked hamburger meat and mashed potatoes. Don't care if it's sheep whatever, tastes like any other meat. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.