After setting up my room I noticed that I had no water bottle. So no problem, I'll just buy a bottle of water that I can use. No problem right? WRONG. First I went to a supermarket, and ask the lady at the front where a water bottle is. She said Aisle three. simple enough.
I keep looking but can't find it. Eventually I ask again, she just repeats, "it's in aisle three!" Eventually I get someone to walk me to them. They show me this.
Above: A Whoopie Cushion, aka water bottle
Nice try, Scotland. I don't need a hot water bottle, just a water bottle. I then explain I want a plastic bottle to drink water from. They don't have any. The journey moves onward.
I get to a grocery, and still no water bottle! I decide I will settle for any bottled good, and bring the bottle back to my room to refill. After searching, I find some "orange squash." Everything in Britain is slightly renamed, and I guess orange juice is no exception....
Above: Humiliation
I mentally smack myself on the head. I walked back to my dorm, coughing. Each cough tasted like orange juice. Weird.I then made a cup of orange juice with a tiny amount of this powerful stuff. I must have drunk 5-6 cups of orange juice with that first raw gulp.
Snow!
It snowed, changing the landscape drastically. I had fun catching snowflakes in my mouth on my tongue. Here was the view from my room when I arrived versus after the snow hit.
Above: Before/After shots of my view.
British Coins Solved!
So many coins, what do they mean? So I sat them all down and figured it out.
Above: Solved Puzzle
1) First, it goes from Bronze<Silver<Gold
2) In the Silver, there are circular coins and polygonal coins. round<polygonal
3) Within each of these subcategories, smaller < larger.
So it goes
Small bronze < large bronze < small silver < large silver < small polygonal silver < large polygonal silver < small gold < large gold
I don't know why so many coins are necessary though. It must be a trick to get money from coin collectors.
Purchases
Besides the water bottle there were several other desired items that I got. Below is a cheap 10 pound phone.
Above: Invinca-phone
Also a sturdy drinkin' cup for the dorm. So many uses.
Above: cup, bowl, toothbrush holder, anything your mind can imagine!
And then my sexiest item
Above: Russian hat of POWER
Above: Awesomeness
Finally I ate some Jamon Serrano with a slice of water melon. It was on my bucket list. Salty-sweet!
Above: Life goal
Post Script: I did eventually find a water bottle. I've clenched onto it for dear life since then.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.